We’re getting close to a 0.4 release now.
Here’s the state of the pull request: https://github.com/encode/apistar/pull/400
It’s a complete overhaul which means there are still some big things that have come out and haven’t yet made their way back in.
- The Interactive API docs.
- The Command Routing.
apistarcommand line tool.
However the project is in a much, much happier place. We’ve also got some new features coming in:
- ASGI compatible. We’ll have both
daphneas production ready servers for use with ASyncApp.
- OpenAPI is now the default schema representation. (and it’s far more feature complete)
- We’ll be getting an event hooks API so things like adding CORS support will finally be obvious and easy.
- Components are get a much nicer simpler API and implementation.
- The type system gets a much nicer simpler API and implementation, plus we now finally get eg. Date/Time/DateTime support.
Where we choose to make the cutoff for 0.4 isn’t all that important, since the other bits of functionality will also come back in pretty quickly (I’ll be on this full-time for a bit) and personally I think it’s really important that we get this released as soon as possible, since it overhauls everything.
I think the only big blockers are:
- Getting the documentation up to scratch.
- Upgrading uvicorn to support the new ASGI spec.
- Static Files support for ASyncApp.